EVERYONE must be wondering how can one lead a happy and relaxed life in such a hectic lifestyle, where everyone is busy in rat race, envying others and chasing others down. Secret to happy life lies within you only i.e. inner peace and content with what god has granted us. Happiness and sadness are merely states of mind and to be truly happy one must learn to calm his/her mind. For this yoga can be the best option that will help you control your mind. From your busy life one has to steal 15 min a day to practice yoga. Yoga can work wonders for your physical and mental health. Meditation is most reliable way which can improve your life now and in future too.
There are some poses which can help you in Calm your mind
- OM Mantra: Sitting down in Padmasana or Sukhasana, join tip of your thumb and index finger. Close your eyes and sit with your back straight, start reciting OM and pay attention to pronouncing OM. Repeat it for 5-10 min. This will help you in connecting with god and will give u immense peace.
- Dhanurasana (Bow pose): Lie Flat on your stomach, bend your Knees and clasp the hands around ankles. Take a deep breath and raise your legs and head trunk. Support your entire body on floor. Hold the position for 4-5 breaths and then relax by lying straight. This pose helps in better digestion, back pain, neck pain and menstrual disorder.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama: Nadi means channel for flow of energy and shodhana means purification. Sit in meditative pose. Keep your head and spine straight. With your right hand thumb close the right nostril and breathe through the left hold the breath for 5-6 seconds, now close the left nostril and now breathe through right. Repeat this process for 20 times. This is best for stress and depression.
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana- Downward Facing Dog Pose: Stand erect on mat then stretch your arms and bend forward to rest your palms on floor. Your elbows and knees should be erect and your body should resemble inverted V. Hold this pose for 30 seconds. This will help lower your stress level.
5. Marjariasana – Cat Pose: Kneel on yoga mat. Take a deep breath and push the head slightly backward. Lift your chin and raise your tailbone. Hold the pose for 10 -15 seconds. This pose will help you get a flat abdomen and help reducing pain in back .